As a volunteer, you will support Healthwatch Leicester and Healthwatch Leicestershire in fulfilling our purpose in being the champion for people using health and social care services. There are many benefits to volunteering with your local Healthwatch. These include:
- An opportunity to contribute positively to your local community, help people, and make a real difference to their lives
- A chance to learn new skills with training and personal development opportunities
- A useful stepping stone to employment
- An opportunity to meet like-minded people and develop connections with people in your local community
- Be part of a great team of volunteers, with dedicated staff to support you
Training and support is available for every role and experience is not essential. The most important thing we look for is a belief that people in Leicester and Leicestershire should have the best health and social care services possible, and a desire to be part of making that happen.
Our volunteering roles are flexible and fit around your schedule. We will always work closely with you to ensure your volunteering role fits with your other personal and social commitments.